A series of distinguished lectures which aim to present excellent speakers describing intriguing topics in an engaging style.
The Informatics Distinguished Lectures address a broad audience, that includes all members of the School of Informatics, members of the University and the general public. Invitations to provide a Distinguished Lecture are issued by the Head of School on the recommendation of the School's Director of Research and the Director(s) of the relevant Research Institute(s).
If you are from outside the School of Informatics and would like to receive announcements of these lectures please subscribe to our lectures mailing list.
- 12 December 2019 - Jon Oberlander Memorial Lecture, Mari Ostendorf
- 5 November 2019 - Michael Kölling
- 11 November 2019 - Brian Cantwell Smith
- 13 September 2019 - Barbara Grosz
- 7 February 2019 - Rami Bahsoon
- 17 December 2018 - Jon Oberlander Memorial Lecture, J.P. de Ruiter
- 8 October 2018 - Kimberly Hambuchen
- 29 June 2018 - Moshe Vardi
- 28 May 2018 - David Dunson
- 15 February 2018 - Thomas G. Dietterich
- 27 January 2017 - David Blei
- 27 September 2016 - Robert Ambrose
- 24 June 2016 - Ben Shneiderman
- 16 October 2016 - Serge Abiteboul
- 13 May 2015 - J Strother Moore
- 23 June 2014 - Dana Scott
- 28 April 2014 - Bjarne Stroustrup
- 19 November 2013 - Charles Bennett
- 11 November 2013 - Dan Russell
- 10 September 2013 - Sir Nigel Shadbolt
- 7 June 2013 - Nick Jennings