Study with us
Join a vibrant student community in a world-class department
Choose from a wide range of single and joint honours degrees
Check our taught postgraduate opportunities
Learn about our research postgraduate degrees
- Mirella Lapata will teach machines to reason
- Informatics study suggests that yellow emojis are not neutral symbols of identity
- The School of Informatics joins the TestEd project
- Informatics students and staff give their time to the Turing Trust
- Members of SLMC Group in the semi-finals of $10M ANA AvatarX Prize
Watch our videos to find out more about what we do and get to know our researchers and students.
We provide a fertile environment for a wide range of studies focussed on understanding computation in both artificial and natural systems.
Contact us, if you are an industry partner who'd like to work with us. Our Business Development Team acts as a “one-stop shop” for industry partners.
We have produced more world-leading and internationally excellent research (4* and 3*) than any other UK university.
The School of Informatics, located in the heart of Edinburgh, is the largest institution of this kind in the UK and one of the largest in Europe.
Informatics is changing the way we think and live, but what exactly is it?