We have a wide range of single and joint honours degrees to choose from.
The School of Informatics, located in the heart of Edinburgh, is the largest institution of this kind in the UK and one of the largest in Europe.
We have produced more world-leading and internationally excellent research (4* and 3*) than any other UK university.
We offer taught and research study programmes across the field of Informatics.
We provide a fertile environment for a wide range of studies focussed on understanding computation in both artificial and natural systems.
Our Commercialisation team work to promote ties between Informatics research and Industry.
- Experiential AI research agenda to bring together scientists and artists
- Informatics researchers to work on a UK-wide Quantum Technologies Research project
- Eurographics Young Researcher of the Year Award for Benjamin Bach
- King - man + woman = queen: the hidden algebraic structure of words
- NASA Valkyrie interactive experience installed at Bayes Centre
- Informatics students nominated for UK Open Source Awards
- How quantum physics will change our views on cyber security
- Sold out Informatics events at the Pint of Science 2019
- Grant Passmore, Informatics alumnus and AI innovator, goes from strength to strength
Informatics is changing the way we think and live, but what exactly is it?