We have a wide range of single and joint honours degrees to choose from.
The School of Informatics, located in the heart of Edinburgh, is the largest institution of this kind in the UK and one of the largest in Europe.
We have produced more world-leading and internationally excellent research (4* and 3*) than any other UK university.
We offer taught and research study programmes across the field of Informatics.
We provide a fertile environment for a wide range of studies focussed on understanding computation in both artificial and natural systems.
Our Commercialisation team work to promote ties between Informatics research and Industry.
- How quantum physics will change our views on cyber security
- Sold out Informatics events at the Pint of Science 2019
- Grant Passmore, Informatics alumnus and AI innovator, goes from strength to strength
- First ever quantum hackathon in Scotland to be held in Informatics
- 11th EIE bigger than ever before
- Google PhD fellowships for Informatics students
- Informatics events at the Edinburgh International Science Festival 2019
- Distinguished Edinburgh graduate receives ACM A.M. Turing Award
- Mirella Lapata elected to Royal Society of Edinburgh
Informatics is changing the way we think and live, but what exactly is it?