We have a wide range of single and joint honours degrees to choose from.
The School of Informatics, located in the heart of Edinburgh, is the largest institution of this kind in the UK and one of the largest in Europe.
We have produced more world-leading and internationally excellent research (4* and 3*) than any other UK university.
We offer taught and research study programmes across the field of Informatics.
We provide a fertile environment for a wide range of studies focussed on understanding computation in both artificial and natural systems.
Our Commercialisation team work to promote ties between Informatics research and Industry.
- Vaishak Belle takes up his post as the Royal Society University Research Fellow
- AI can predict social media users’ opinions
- Visit School of Informatics on Edinburgh Doors Open Days
- Informatics Researchers to work on Smart Energy Research Lab (SERL) Project
- Edinburgh students win driverless race car competition again
- Nature’s insect navigators inspire robots that find their own way
- Students gear up for high-speed travel contest
- SUMMA delivers a state-of-the-art media monitoring system
- Experiential AI research agenda to bring together scientists and artists
Informatics is changing the way we think and live, but what exactly is it?