In 2023, the School of Informatics at the University of Edinburgh celebrates 60 years of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Computer Science research. Read more about our history and events that will mark the anniversary later in the year.
Study with us
Join a vibrant student community in a world-class department
Choose from a wide range of single and joint honours degrees
Check our taught postgraduate opportunities
Learn about our research postgraduate degrees
Informatics is changing the way we think and live, but what exactly is it?
- School of Informatics and the University to lead new era of generative AI
- Jane Hillston awarded BCS Lovelace Medal
- UKRI announces funding for three new CDTs in artificial intelligence led, or co-led by the School of Informatics
- Kia Nazarpour leads a new partnership with Tunstall Healthcare
- Celebrating 60 years of computer science and AI with our alumni
We are ranked #1 in the UK for research power in Computer Science and Informatics Times Higher Education ranking. Our research environment and all impact case studies received top grades (4*, world leading). Overall, 97% of our REF submission is world leading (4*) or internationally excellent (3*).
The School of Informatics, located in the heart of Edinburgh, is the largest institution of this kind in the UK and one of the largest in Europe.
We provide a fertile environment for a wide range of studies focussed on understanding computation in both artificial and natural systems.
Contact us, if you are an industry partner who'd like to work with us. Our Business Development Team acts as a “one-stop shop” for industry partners.