We are currently recruiting for various academic (lecturer/reader) and research (RAs) positions within the School of Informatics, across our research fields.
Study with us
Join a vibrant student community in a world-class department
Choose from a wide range of single and joint honours degrees
Check our taught postgraduate opportunities
Learn about our research postgraduate degrees
- AI and robots could help detect UTIs early
- Quantum lab set to boost discoveries
- New funding from Input Output Global will boost cryptography projects run in the School of Informatics
- Informatics student wins best paper award for a study on using lessons learnt from steamboat accidents in developing AI governance
- Informatics researcher’s thesis earns an outstanding dissertation prize from TU Dresden
We are ranked #1 in the UK for research power in Computer Science and Informatics Times Higher Education ranking. Our research environment and all impact case studies received top grades (4*, world leading). Overall, 97% of our REF submission is world leading (4*) or internationally excellent (3*).
We provide a fertile environment for a wide range of studies focussed on understanding computation in both artificial and natural systems.
Contact us, if you are an industry partner who'd like to work with us. Our Business Development Team acts as a “one-stop shop” for industry partners.
Watch our videos to find out more about what we do and get to know our researchers and students.
The School of Informatics, located in the heart of Edinburgh, is the largest institution of this kind in the UK and one of the largest in Europe.
Informatics is changing the way we think and live, but what exactly is it?