By assembling a team of expert clinicians and scientists we aim to understand the key features of COVID-19. Ultimately this information will help to inform the development of better tests and therapeutic interventions for these conditions.
What are ICECAP core research activities?
Our core ICECAP research deliverables include:
- Histopathological description of severe COVID-19 from post-mortem, and correlation to clinical and scientific characteristics
- Immune and parenchymal cell phenotyping from multiple organs by techniques including (but not limited to) multiplex immunofluorescence, flow cytometry, microscopy, proteomics and single cell RNA sequencing
- Viral tissue tropism (in multiple organs) and determining presence of live virus
- Spatial distribution of virus (multiple organs)
- Analysis of host and viral factors that influence severity and outcome from COVID-19
ICECAP research depends on the generosity of donors and their families who make the valuable gift of tissue after death.
ICECAP funding and support
ICECAP receives funding and support from:
- The Chief Scientist Office
- Medical Research Scotland