Professor Peter Hayes
Combination of clinical hepatology research especially portal hypertension and laboratory hepatocyte cell culture work concentrating on fat loading stress.
- Professor John Plevris (Heplab lead)
- Professor Jonathan Fallowfield (independent PI)
- Katie Morgan (laboratory administrator)
- 2 PhD students and a clinical research fellow
Clinical trials in portal hypertension over many years. Heplab work concentrating on bioartificial liver and HepRG cells.
PI for carvedilol vs endoscopic band ligation (Calibre) (NIHR funded) and for early TIPSS multicentre study (funding via NIHR- to be confirmed). Heplab working on preconditioning with LPON and the metabolic consequences. More recently working on breathomics.
The following PDF provides a brief visual summary of this group’s current research.
You can view a full catalogue of graphical research summaries for each group in the Centre for Inflammation Research by visiting our Research page.
Professor of Hepatology in University of Edinburgh since 1998. Past president of BASL and current President of SSG.
Sources of Funding
Public Engagement Activities
- Honorary Consultant physician
- Co-director of Edinburgh Clinical Research Facility