Dr Mohsen Khadem
My research interests are in surgical robotics and image-guided therapies. Our projects typically involve the design and modelling of robotic systems for less invasive and/or more accurate surgery.
Dr Mohsen Khadem
- Work: +44 (0) 131 650 2956
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: Personal website
- Web: Group website
- Keyhan Kouhkiloui Babarahmati (email) - Postdoctoral Researcher
- Mriganka Biswas (email) - Postdoctoral Researcher
- David Hanley (email) - Postdoctoral Researcher
- Abhishek Kaushik (email) - Postdoctoral Researcher
- Emile Makute (email) - PhD student
- Balint Thamo (email) - PhD student
I joined the School of Informatics at the University of Edinburgh in 2018. Previously I was a Postdoctoral Researcher at the Wellcome/EPSRC Centre for Interventional and Surgical Sciences, University College London. I received my PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Alberta, Canada in 2017, my MSc in Biomechanics from the Sharif University of Technology, Iran, in 2013, and my BSc in Mechanical Engineering from Shiraz University, Iran, in 2010.
My research interests are in surgical robotics and image-guided therapies. My research typically focuses on the clinical problem first, and work with surgeon collaborators to determine the best devices and theoretical approaches to solve it, which may be new robots or novel algorithms. Our projects typically involve the design and modelling of robotic systems for less invasive and/or more accurate surgery, developing control strategies for inner body manipulation of the surgical robots, and fusing image guidance to help the surgeon perform surgery more accurately. My main research topics are:
- Surgical Robotics and Image-guided Therapies
- Continuum and Flexible Robots
- Mechanics-based Modeling and Simulation
- Applications of Control Theory in Robotics
(held in CIR)
- MRC Future Leaders Fellowship
More information on funding at Mohsen Khadem's Research Explorer profile.