Androgens 2018 Meeting - A Society for Endocrinology Themed Scientific Meeting
The biannual Androgens meeting brings together medical professionals and researchers of all disciplines interested in the action of androgen hormones in health and disease.
This meeting will take place in Edinburgh from 12.30 pm on 3rd September to 2.00 pm on 5th September 2018, and will feature an update on cutting-edge science and provide an excellent opportunity for the research community to foster further collaboration. Plenary lectures by leading experts will cover a wide range of exciting research.
The local organisers (Philippa Saunders, Douglas Gibson, Iain McEwan) look forward to welcoming you to Edinburgh in September!
Up to 12 speakers will be selected to give oral presentations based on submitted abstracts. Abstracts can be submitted from 1st May 2018.
Please write your abstract on this form:
Please name your abstract as: Presentername_Androgens2018.docx
Submit your abstract by email to: AndrogensMeeting2018@ed.ac.uk
Invitations to present short oral talks (12+3 minutes questions) will be made on the basis of these submitted abstracts on or before 27th July. The remaining abstracts will be presented as posters and poster prizes will be available.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS 16TH JULY 2018.
If you wish to attend this event but do not wish to use ePay, please email us at AndrogensMeeting2018@ed.ac.uk.
Regular including social event - £295
Student including social event - £170
Registration includes tea/coffee, lunch and a wine reception on the first evening of the conference (3rd September).
If you have any special dietary or access requirements please email us at AndrogensMeeting2018@ed.ac.uk.
- Dr Ramesh Narayanan. The University of Tennessee. Novel drugs to target androgen receptor action in health and disease.
- Professor Franck Mauvais-Jarvis. Tulane University. Androgen actions on metabolic health and disease.
- Professor Adriaan Hotsmuller – Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Dr Douglas Gibson (ECR) – Edinburgh, UK
- Dr Michael O’Reilly (ECR) - Birmingham, UK
- Professor Andy Cato – Karlsruhe, Germany
- Professor Xavier Salvatelle – Barcelona, Spain
- Dr Binzhi Qian - Edinburgh, UK
- Dr Christine Helsen (ECR) – Leuven, Belgium
- Dr Wytske van Weerden - Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Professor Ian Mills - Belfast, UK
- Dr Luke Gaughan - Newcastle, UK
- Tissue Gnostics – digital imaging analysis.
- Mass Spectroscopy – state of the art measurement of androgens in fluids and tissues.