Dr Muhammad Saif Ur Rahman
I presently work on the development of electrochemical biosensors and point-of-care devices for clinical applications, particularly for drug-induced liver injury
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Zhejiang University-University of Edinburgh Institute, Haining, China. 2018-
- Ph.D. Oncology Clinical Research Centre, The Second Affiliated Hospital School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China. 2014-2018
- MS Biotechnology, Government College University Faisalabad, Faisalabad, Pakistan. 2011-2013
- BS (Hons) Zoology , Government College University Faisalabad, Faisalabad, Pakistan. 2006-2011.
My current work is understanding the Cancer and basic novel signalling pathways involved in cell cycle regulation, and their role in cancer and potential target for cancer treatments.
I am also interested in;
- Screening and designing drugs against potential therapeutic targets.
- Nano-particles for drug delivery.
I enjoy being part of interdisciplinary research as well.
- Muhammad Saif Ur Rahman, Muhammad Asif Tahir, Saima Noreen, Muhammad Yasir, Ijaz Ahmad, Muhammad Bilal Khan, Khawaja Waqar Ali,f Muhammad Shoaib, Ali Bahadur and Shahid Iqbal. Magnetic mesoporous bioactive glass for synergetic use in bone regeneration, hyperthermia treatment, and controlled drug delivery. RCS Advances. 2020, 10, 21413–21419.
- Muhammad Saif Ur Rahman, Muhammad Asif Tahir, Saima Noreen, Muhammad Yasir, Muhammad Bilal Khan, Tahir Mahmood, Ali Bahadur, Muhammad Shoaib*. Osteogenic silver oxide doped mesoporous bioactive glass for controlled release of doxorubicin against bone cancer cell line (MG-63): In vitro and in vivo cytotoxicity evaluation. Ceramics International. 2020, 10.1016/j.ceramint.2020.01.086.
- Xiaoxiao Du, Lingyan Wu, Muhammad Saif Ur Rahman, Xiaodong Teng, Lisong Teng, Jingjia Ye, Jiang Cao. Promoter hypomethylation is responsible for upregulated expression of HAI-1 in hepatocellular carcinoma. Disease Marker. 2019, (6):1-12.
- Jinliang Nan, CunjinNan, Jian Ye, Lu Qian, Ya Geng, Dawei Xing, Muhammad Saif Ur Rahman*, Mingyuan Huang. EGCG Protects Cardiomyocytes against Hypoxia-reperfusion Injury via Inhibiting OMA1 Activation. Journal of Cell Science, 2019, 132: jcs220871.
- Muhammad Shoaib, Muhammad Saif Ur Rahman, Aamer Saeed, Muhammad Moazzam Naseer Mesoporous bioactive glass-polyurethane nanocomposites as reservoirs for sustained drug delivery. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces. 2018, 172: 806-811.
- Muhammad Saif Ur Rahman, Ling Zhang, Lingyan Wu, Yuqiong Xie, Chunchun Li, Jiang Cao*. Sensitization of Gastric Cancer Cells to Alkylating Agents by Glaucocalyxin B via Cell Cycle Arrest and Enhanced Cell Death. Drug Design, Development and Therapy. 2017, 11: 2431-2441.
- Muhammad Saif Ur Rahman, Jiang Cao*. Estrogen Receptors in Gastric Cancer: Advances and Perspectives. World Journal of Gastroenterology, 2016, 22: 2475-2482.
- Muhammad Shoaib, Aamer Saeed, Javeed Akhtar, Muhammad Saif Ur Rahman, Aman Ullah, Klaus Jurkschat, Muhammad Moazzam Naseer*. Potassium-Doped Mesoporous Bioactive Glass: Synthesis, Characterization, And Evaluation of Biomedical Properties. Materials science and Engineering C. 2017, 75: 836-844.
- Muhammad Shoaib, Aamer Saeed, Muhammad Saif Ur Rahman, Muhammad Moazzam Naseer*. Mesoporous Nano-Bioglass Designed for The Release of Imatinib And In Vitro Inhibitory Effects on Cancer Cells. Materials science and Engineering C. 2017, 77: 725-730.
- Jinliang Nan, Wei Zhu, Muhammad Saif Ur Rahman, Mingfei Liu, Dan Li, Shengan Su, Na Zhang, Xinyang Hu, Hong Yu, Mahesh P. Gupta, Jian’an Wang*. Molecular Regulation of Mitochondrial Dynamics in Cardiovascular Disease. BBA-Molecular Cell Research. 2017, 1867: 1260-1273.