Reward and benefits
IGMM and University of Edinburgh reward and benefit schemes.
The IGMM holds an annual celebration of achievement, recognising staff and student accomplishments and how they contribute to the overall success of the Institute.
Everyone within the Institute is encouraged to nominate a colleague or team. In 2016, awards were made in the following categories:
- Research that delivers: Outstanding science team
- Supporting science: Excellent scientific support
- Supporting science: Excellent operational support
- Supporting science: Inspiring supervisor/mentor
- Research to people: Exceptional public engagement with research
There is also an Optional Director's category, enabling the IGMM Director to recognise any outstanding contributions.
In addition, IGMM staff successes are recognised through the University of Edinburgh’s reward schemes.
IGMM staff benefit from being part of the Institute as well as the wider University of Edinburgh: