Innovation & impact
Translating our research to maximise impact on human health.
In order to maximise the impact of our work on human health, the IGMM aims, where appropriate, to:
- Support wide dissemination of scientific discoveries through open access publishing and data sharing
- Promote a culture of translation at IGMM supported by appropriate events and training
- Collaborate with industrial and NHS partners
- Identify, develop and, where appropriate, partner scientific discovery with potential for translation
- License our intellectual property in an exclusive or non-exclusive manner
- Form spin out companies
Enquiries about IGMM translation, commercialisation and partnering opportunities:
Andrea Taylor, Business Development Manager, Edinburgh Innovations
Our goals are to carry out excellent genetic, genomic, cellular and clinical science, so that we contribute significantly to the understanding of human development, physiology and disease, and apply this knowledge for the benefit of patients and society. This broad vision reflects the diversity of research within IGMM, and we aspire to be world class in key themes, bringing innovation and unique twists to IGMM discovery and translation.