IGMM Translation and Commercialisation Board (TCB)
Driving translation of IGMM science.
The IGMM TCB is responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of the strategy for efficient translation of IGMM science and, where opportunities arise, to develop and commercialise innovative technologies to support future impact in medicine. We are comprised of IGMM researchers with diverse clinical, drug and biologics discovery and development expertise.
Enquiries relating to IGMM translation, partnerships and commercialisation should be addressed to:
Andrea Taylor, Business Development Manager, Edinburgh Innovations
- Genomic medicine
- Molecular pathology
- Cell free DNA approaches
- 15 years' experience of translational research in the field of cystic fibrosis gene therapy
- Senior member of the UK CF Gene Therapy Consortium's strategy group
- Leadership of Phase IIb clinical trial of nonviral gene therapy for cystic fibrosis
- Development of lentiviral gene therapy for cystic fibrosis in preparation for a Phase I nasal trial within the next 2-3 years
Neil Carragher (Chair)
- High-content (image-based) phenotypic screening
- Cell Pharmacology/Mechanism-of-Action characterisation
- Biomarker discovery
- Novel drug combinations
- Discovery of genetic, proteomic, metabolomic and lipidomic correlates and predictors of complications in diabetes using biobanks linked to e-health care record data.
- Epidemiology of diabetes, its complications and treatment using e-health record data
- Clinical trials of drugs in diabetes
- Genetic diagnostics
- Human genomic analysis
- NHS partnerships
- Preclinical cancer studies
- Chemical biology
- Zebrafish models
- Support CMVM research leaders in developing translational projects
- Provide guidance on available translational funding pathways
- Provide project management and scientific expertise on funded projects
- Facilitate interactions between researchers, BD teams and external CROs to foster a translational research community within CMVM
- Point contact for academics and industry for translational and industrial development at IGMM.
- Academic, industrial and translational expertise in the medicine, biotech and pharma sector.
- EI supports end to end commercial development.
- Business development, industrial collaboration, technology transfer (including patents), spin outs & consultancy.
- Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Discovery
- Development of targeted inhibitors and prodrug strategies
- Patents, spin-out company formation and technology licensing
- Support development and implementation of MRC Human Genetics Unit and IGMM Translational Strategy
- Communication of translational strategy and opportunities to internal and external stakeholders