Professional services, including Design and Communications, Finance, Human Resources and Studentships support.
The IGMM Administration Team provides a variety of support services to staff and students across the Institute, including:
- IGMM Seminar Series organisation
- Scientific conference and event support
- Visiting staff registration
- Honorary status applications
- Committee servicing
|Sharon McDonald||Administration Co-ordinator|
Administration enquiries can be sent to: email@example.com
Design and Communications
In-house expertise, training and facilities enable researchers and students to communicate and engage diverse audiences with their research, whether through scientific illustration, photography, print materials, online content or face-to-face engagement.
An open-access workstation facility in the Design Studio provides all researchers with access to Adobe software and an on-hand graphics expert to assist with troubleshooting queries/skill expansion.
|Craig Nicol||IGMM Design & Publication Specialist, Photographer|
IGMM Design, Publication & Digital Media Assistant
|Cherry Martin||IGMM Communications Manager|
|Dee Davison||IGMM Engagement Manager|
|Sarah Thomas||Cancer Research UK Edinburgh Centre Research Engagement Manager|
Media/press relations are facilitated by a team of University of Edinburgh, MRC and CR-UK Press Officers. Initial enquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Finance Team provides support to staff and postgraduate students across the Institute on all matters relating to the financial management of research grants and other budgets. Members of the team should always be the first point of contact for staff wishing advice on any finance-related issues.
|Nicola Humphreys||Finance Officer (MRC Human Genetics Unit)|
Finance Officer (Centre for Genomic & Experimental Medicine)
|David Salvona||Institute Finance Assistant|
|Marta Mishra||Finance Assistant|
Finance enquiries can be sent to: email@example.com
The Human Resources Team provides advice, guidance and support for employees at all levels across the Institute. They operate an open door policy and a member of the team will always be available during working hours for advice on matters relating to or affecting employment.
|Nicola Goldie||Senior HR Advisor|
|Sheena De Angelis||HR Officer|
|Gemma Stevenson||HR Administrator|
HR Administrator Assistant
HR enquiries can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The IGMM IT Group provides a range of services that help underpin and support the Business, Administrative, Teaching & Learning, and Research activities within the Institute.
Many of these services are provided in partnership with the University of Edinburgh’s Information Services Group.
These services include:
- EDDIE3 - The High Performance Compute Cluster for processing and analysis of Research Data
- RDM DataStore - The Bulk Data Storage Platform for secure storage of personal and group data
- Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) for secured physical and virtual computer server hosting
- Software as a Service (SAAS) for providing software and data management systems within private cloud based solutions
- Support partnerships for the hosting, configuration and maintenance of data acquisitions devices primarily used within Scientific Research Laboratories
- Provision of SQL based Database Systems
- Provision, configuration and support of a Secure Data Network
- Delivery of Institute initiatives such as the CloudPrinting and VOIP telephony systems
- Advice and procurement assistance for desktop and mobile computing devices
- Provision and support of Meeting Spaces and their AV and Conferencing solutions.
The IGMM IT Team also work in partnership with Information Services to provide a second line User Support Service. This can be access via emailing email@example.com, calling 0131 651-5151 or by using the self-service portal.
Consultations are available to individual researchers and groups with regard to your computing requirements.
|David Perry||Head of Scientific Computing|
|John Ireland||Senior Systems Architect|
|Kenny Burn||Computing Officer|
|Ewan McDowall||Computing Officer|
|Stephen Cass||Computing Officer|
|Andrew Comrie||Computing Officer|
For more information on the services provided within the group, please contact: David.Perry@igmm.ed.ac.uk
IGMM staff can also access more information on the IGMM intranet.
The Institute provides an outstanding training environment, with a well-established IGMM Graduate Research & Training team supporting both the student and student supervisor experience.
Director of IGMM Graduate Research & Training
|Pauline McDonald||Postgraduate Administrator|
|Alana Johnson||Postgraduate Assistant|
Graduate Research & Training enquiries can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information: Study with us