Advanced Imaging Resource
Access to and support with visualisation and quantification of samples using cutting edge imaging technologies.
The IGMM Advanced Imaging Resource is a consortium of Imaging Facilities within the IGMM. Please see our equipment pages for more detailed information. We work together with the Phenotypic Discovery Facility and the Centre for Comparative Pathology facilities.
We are also a partner in the Edinburgh Super-Resolution Imaging Consortium, providing access to super-resolution optical imaging platforms.
We are able to support imaging ranging from model organisms through to sub cellular structures utilising cutting edge imaging tools and technologies. More information (IGMM users only)
The Advanced Imaging Facility in IGMM Central houses the following imaging systems:
- Light, epifluorescence and Confocal Microscopes for live and fixed experiments
- Spinning Disk Confocal Microscopy
- Multiphoton Confocal Microscope and Stimulated Raman Spectroscopy
- Structured Illumination Microscopy (SIM)
- Stochastic Optical Reconstruction Microscopy (STORM)
- Optical Projection Tomography, stereo- and macroscopic systems
- High content imaging including Quantitative Pathology
- Image analysis and informatics
The Advanced imaging resource also offers opportunities for training that enables researchers to engage with the latest technologies through workshops, on site demonstrations of new equipment and close liaison with our industrial partners. As well as this we teach in the internationally recognised ESRIC Super-resolution summer school.
The facility is staffed by a manager, highly skilled scientific officers and an image informatician to provide scientific support for research.
|Ann Wheeler||Head of Facility|
|Helen Caldwell||Hammamatsu Slide Scanner Specialist|
|Martin Lee||Multiphoton, Stimulated Raman Spectroscopy and Confocal Specialist|
|Matt Pearson||Light Microscopy Applications Specialist|
|Laura Murphy||Imaging Informatician|
For more information on the services provided within the facility, to make a booking or arrange training, please contact us here.