Salary Finance and First Scottish University Credit Union
Details of First Scottish University Credit Union (FSUCU) and Salary Finance
First Scottish University Credit Union
University of Edinburgh is a member of the First Scottish University Credit Union (FSUCU) originally formed by Heriot-Watt in 1991.
Full details of how the credit union works, how to join and how to apply for a loan - including application forms - can be found on the FSUCU website at:
Salary Finance is third-party benefit provider that offers loans at affordable rates, savings accounts and gives access to budgeting and saving tips and tools.
Salary Finance provides access to:
- Employee loans: affordable loans repaid from your salary. A lower-rate loan could help to pay off any debts or cover an unexpected expense
- Simple saving: savings accounts with Yorkshire Building Society with savings transferred directly from your salary
- Financial education: a range of tips and videos to help you better understand your personal finances, as well as tools for budgeting and saving
For more information about interest rates and details of how to apply, please visit the Salary Finance website.
A Salary Finance webinar: Coronavirus: how could it impact your finances?
26 March 10:30-11:00
26 March 12:30-13:00
27 March 12:30-13:00
At University of Edinburgh we work with Salary Finance. Salary Finance is an employee benefit provider who offers access to salary-linked loans and savings products as well as financial education.
With the current Coronavirus situation, they have prepared a checklist with a simple 10-point plan to support you with managing your money at this time.
In addition, on Thursday 26 March and Friday 27 March at 3 different times, Jason Butler, Salary Finance’s Head of Financial Education will be hosting a webinar about Coronavirus, how it may impact your finances and what you can do about it.
This is an uncertain and stressful time for many, in the webinar Jason Butler will walk you through:
- A checklist deepdive - more information on how to weather the current crisis from a money perspective
- Tips and tricks to help you become more financially and mentally resilient
- How to plan for the future and the unexpected
Attendees will have the opportunity to ask Jason any questions they might have at the end of the session.
To find out more about Salary Finance and the salary-linked products available to you, visit the Salary Finance website.
Important: This is an option, not a recommendation. University of Edinburgh does not benefit from offering this service and all your communications will be with Salary Finance. This content is for guidance and educational purposes only and is generic in nature. Salary Finance does not offer regulated financial advice. Please seek independent financial advice. Applications will be assessed to ensure the loan is appropriate and affordable for you.