Youth and Student Employment Strategy (2017-2021)
The aim of the strategy is to increase the number of employment opportunities for young people and students at the University of Edinburgh. Please download a copy of the booklet to find out more about how you can get involved.
“Social and civic responsibility – our vision is to make the world a better place, so we will ensure that our actions and activities deliver positive change locally, regionally and globally.”
Get your copy
You can download and view the publication in PDF format, to view on screen or print yourself.
The Vision, Mission and Goals
To be a leading employer in Edinburgh for youth and student employment, inspiring and developing the next generation workforce.
To advance the delivery of meaningful youth and student employment opportunities across the University that will make a significant, sustainable and socially responsible contribution for individuals, our workforce and the local community.
1. Increase the number of young people aged 16 to 24 employed at the University.
2. Increase our participation in initiatives targeted at those furthest from the labour market and those under-represented.
3. To make a sustained and enhanced local impact for society through our outreach activity and engagement with industry.
4. To embed youth and student opportunities as part of a recognised high-quality talent pipeline for succession planning.
5. To develop a strong and vibrant community of young staff who are supported, valued, developed and engaged.
Get in touch
T: 0131 650 9667
T: 0131 650 6688
Links to further information