The Edinburgh Manager (previously Introduction to Leadership)
The Edinburgh Manager provides a framework to develop the skills, knowledge and self-awareness required of managers. It also encourages and enables participants to network with managers across the University.
The Edinburgh Manager is suited to both professional services and academic staff who are in people management roles and are looking to develop and enhance their management skills.
Professional services staff
- Who manage a team of staff to deliver administrative, professional or technical University wide service or
- Work across departments to deliver key projects to support the University‘s strategic objectives.
- Who contribute to the management of their subject area, School, College or the University
- With or without direct line management authority (examples include chairing committees and leading on key academic processes)
Suggested grades UE07, UE08, UE09 (or equivalent).
- to build line management capability
- to increase awareness and understanding of management and its importance within the University and how it links in with other roles
- to create a community of managers
- to link different roles and initiatives across the University to enable managers to better support the performance and contribution of others to meet the University strategic objectives
The programme runs over 12 months.
- 8 facilitated sessions
- 2-4 hours of self-directed learning between each of the sessions
- 6 discussion groups
- A mid-point individual reflection exercise
- A final short individual presentation
Nominations are open now for programme entry points in Semester 2.
The deadline for nominations for Semester 2 Friday 27th November.
If you have applied for a programme with a Semester 1 start date, we will be in touch with you with further details before Friday 11th September
Please view the Nominations Page for full details and to complete the online form.