The Edinburgh Leader
The Edinburgh Leader provides a framework to develop the skills and behaviours required of a strategic leader. It also gives an opportunity to grow your network with other University of Edinburgh leaders.
- To develop leadership capability.
- To increase self-awareness in relation to own values and leadership behaviours.
- To create a community of leaders crossing boundaries between departments, schools, disciplines and professional backgrounds.
- To support leaders to take action that generates positive change and advances the University strategic objectives in their own areas, across the organisation, and in the wider context, locally and globally.
- To provide a collective voice for leaders across the University.
The Edinburgh Leader is suited to both professional services and academic staff who are mid manager to early senior leaders including those in leadership roles who do not have direct line management responsibility but are required to influence across the University.
Professional services staff
- Who lead a number of services or departments
- Who contribute to the strategic leadership of their subject area, School, College or the University
- With or without direct line management authority (examples include chairing committees and leading on key academic processes)
The programme runs over 6 months. It is mostly delivered online, with some elements delivered in person. Attendance is required for all facilitated sessions and discussion groups.
- 3 facilitated sessions (up to half day each)
- 5 Leadership Essentials workshops (2.5 hours each)
- 2-4 hours of self-directed learning between each of the sessions
- 4 discussion groups (2 hours each)
- Submission and peer review of final reflective presentation
Nominations have now closed for the next cohort beginning January 2024. We expect to be running this programme again in 2024-25 and nominations will open in June 2024. If you would like to register your interest please complete the form below: Leadership and Management Programmes 2024-25 Register of Interest.