The Edinburgh Leader
The Edinburgh Leader provides a framework to develop the skills, knowledge and self-awareness required of a strategic leader. It also gives an opportunity to grow your network with other University of Edinburgh leaders.
To build leadership capability
To increase awareness and understanding of leadership and its importance within the University
To create a community of leaders
To link different roles and initiatives across the University to enable leaders to better support the performance and contribution of others to meet the University strategic objectives
Supporting leaders to take individual action in their own areas
Providing a collective voice for leaders across the University
The Edinburgh Leader is suited to both professional services and academic staff who are mid manager to early senior leaders including those in leadership roles who do not have direct line management responsibility but are required to influence across the University.
Professional services staff
- Who lead a number of services or departments
- Who contribute to the strategic leadership of their subject area, School, College or the University
- With or without direct line management authority (examples include chairing committees and leading on key academic processes)
The programme runs over 7 months.
- 9 facilitated sessions (90 minutes)
- 2-4 hours of self-directed learning between each of the sessions
- 4 discussion groups (120 minutes)
- Submission and peer review of leadership presentation
The next programme begins in October 2022 and nominations have now closed. Please see below for an overview of the programme:
We do not currently have the next dates scheduled for this programme. We are reviewing our offering and will update this page when the new offering has been agreed. If you would like to be added to our mailing list to be notified when the page is updated, please complete the form below: