The Edinburgh Leader (previously Senior Leadership Programme)
The Edinburgh Leader provides a framework to develop the skills, knowledge and self-awareness required of a strategic leader. It also gives an opportunity to grow your network with other University of Edinburgh leaders.
The Edinburgh Leader is suited to both professional services and academic staff who are mid manager to early senior leaders including those in leadership roles who do not have direct line management responsibility but are required to influence across the University.
Professional services staff
- Who lead a number of services or departments
- Who contribute to the strategic leadership of their subject area, School, College or the University
- With or without direct line management authority (examples include chairing committees and leading on key academic processes)
Suggested grades UE08, UE09, UE10 (or equivalent).
- to build senior leadership capability
- to increase awareness and understanding of leadership and its importance within the University
- to create a community of leaders
- to link different roles and initiatives across the University to enable leaders to better support the performance and contribution of others to meet the University strategic objectives
The programme runs over 6 months.
- Launch, Mid-point and Final celebration events (90 min virtual sessions)
- Attendance on online workshops/webinars
- 3 Discussion Groups (2 hours each)
- 2-4 hours of self-directed learning between each of the sessions
- Submission and peer review of leadership presentation
Nominations are open now for programme entry points in Semester 2.
The deadline for nominations for Semester 2 Friday 27th November.
If you have applied for a programme with a Semester 1 start date, we will be in touch with you with further details before Friday 11th September
Please view the Nominations Page for full details and to complete the online form.