The Aspiring Manager
The Aspiring Manager provides a framework to develop core management skills and behaviours to set aspiring managers up for success in future management roles.
- Identifying and developing core management skills
- Setting aspiring managers up for success and preparing them for future management roles
- Creating a network of colleagues from across the University
The Aspiring Manager is suited to both professional services and academic staff who do not manage anyone and demonstrate the potential and motivation to develop into a management role.
The programme runs over 4 months.
- 3 facilitated virtual workshops (60-120 minutes)
- 4-5 hours of self-directed learning
- 3-5 hours of small group work/discussion
- A presentation briefing (30 minutes)
- A final short individual presentation (8 minutes) plus preparation (60-120 minutes)
Nominations have now closed for the next cohort beginning January 2023. We expect to be running this programme again in 2023-24 and nominations will open around May 2023. If you would like to register your interest please complete the form below: Leadership and Management Programmes 2023-24 Register of Interest.