The Aspiring Manager
The Aspiring Manager provides a framework to develop core management skills and behaviours to set aspiring managers up for success in future management roles.
- Identifying and developing core management skills
- Setting aspiring managers up for success and preparing them for future management roles
- Creating a network of colleagues from across the University
The Aspiring Manager is suited to both professional services and academic staff who do not manage anyone and demonstrate the potential and motivation to develop into a management role.
The programme runs over 4 months.
- 3 facilitated virtual workshops (60-120 minutes)
- 4-5 hours of self-directed learning
- 3-5 hours of small group work/discussion
- A presentation briefing (30 minutes)
- A final short individual presentation (8 minutes) plus preparation (60-120 minutes)
The next programme begins in October 2022 and nominations are now closed. Please read the document below for a full outline of the programme:
We do not currently have the next dates scheduled for this programme. We are reviewing our offering and will update this page when the new offering has been agreed. If you would like to be added to our mailing list to be notified when the page is updated, please complete the form below: