Recruitment and Selection Essentials
This new online training course will provide you with a practical framework for recruiting fairly, lawfully and effectively.
Please be aware that there are some updates to this course currently being made by our training provider in relation to Right to Work checks. For the most up to date guidance on how to do this please visit the web link below:
About the course
The success of any organisation centres on its people. Recruitment and selection is something you simply cannot afford to leave to chance. The Recruitment and Selection Essentials online training course will provide you with a practical, straightforward framework for recruiting fairly, lawfully and effectively. Incorporating detailed how-to guides, case studies to explore the practical application of key ideas, along with an 'ask the expert' quick-reference facility will give you the knowledge and skills needed to make the right recruitment decisions.
Whether you are involved in shortlisting for a post or chairing a panel, it is essential all staff involved in the recruitment process complete this course.
As a result of completing these modules you will have:
- An understanding of recruitment and selection – the importance of recruiting fairly, lawfully and effectively, and introducing you to a simple three step process for doing this
- Preparing to recruit – how to analyse jobs in order to create accurate job descriptions
- Attracting the right applicants – how to create an effective job advertisement and attract the right applicants for your vacancy
- Selecting the right person – practical tips and guidance for shortlisting, interviewing and evaluating applicants
- There is also information throughout the course linking to our policies and guidance
All staff involved in recruitment and selection at the University.
There are no formal entry requirements.
Completing the module
1 to 2 hours depending on your approach.
How to log in
Alternatively you can search for the course in People and Money here:
- Log in to People and Money through MyEd
- Go to the Learning area
- Type the title of the module into the Search bar
- Select Enrol
The Online Development Toolkit contains the following resources relevant to this topic: