Equality and Diversity Essentials
An online course that explains equality, diversity and inclusion.
Increase your knowledge and understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) and what they are.
- Understand what equality and diversity are; why they are important to you; and what the benefits are
- Review key legislation in place to promote equality and how it applies in practice
- Understand main EDI barriers faced and how to break them down
- How to challenge unacceptable behaviours and steps you can take if you feel that you or anyone else is being treated unfairly.
Notes for users
Training can be carried out at your own pace. If you don’t want to complete the course in one session, click on 'Bookmark' before exiting the system and it will automatically take you back to where you left off when you next log in.
Alternatively you can search for the course in People and Money here:
- Log in to People and Money through MyEd
- Go to the Learning area
- Type the title of the module into the Search bar
- Select Enrol
Information and support available
You can use the new staff learning apps to sign up for courses and record qualifications and licences needed for your role, and to assign and track learning for anyone you manage. These apps are now live and you can find out more below.
If you experience any problems with the training module, please contact the HR Helpline.
Further reading and feedback
The Online Development Toolkit contains the following resources relevant to this topic:
- The Equality Act (Leaders & Managers)
- Diversity Legal Issues
- Diversity Overview
- Definitions of Diversity
If you have any feedback on how the module could be improved, please email Equality and Diversity.