Equality and Diversity Essentials
An online course that explains equality, diversity and inclusion.
Increase your knowledge and understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) and what they are.
- Understand what equality and diversity are; why they are important to you; and what the benefits are
- Review key legislation in place to promote equality and how it applies in practice
- Understand main EDI barriers faced and how to break them down
- How to challenge unacceptable behaviours and steps you can take if you feel that you or anyone else is being treated unfairly.
Notes for users
Training can be carried out at your own pace. If you don’t want to complete the course in one session, click on 'Bookmark' before exiting the system and it will automatically take you back to where you left off when you next log in.
Please note this e-learning module is hosted on the University Learn platform. Instructions how to enrol here:
Self-Enrol by logging into Learn and log in with EASE at www.learn.ed.ac.uk
- Click on the “Self-Enrol” tab at the top right of your screen.
- Click the Browse Course Catalogue button and a search window will appear.
- Enter the name of the course you wish to enrol onto in the search box and click Go
- Hover your mouse pointer to the right of the Course ID, click the arrow and select Enrol.
- You will then be taken to a new page. To complete your enrolment on this course select Submit.
- You will then see a confirmation message to say your enrolment was successful.
- Click OK and you will be taken to the course.
The course will now appear in your My Courses under the 'My Learn' tab every time you login to Learn.
If you experience any problems with the training module, please email the HR Helpline.
If you have any feedback on how the module could be improved, please email Equality and Diversity.
The Online Development Toolkit contains the following resources relevant to this topic:
- The Equality Act (Leaders & Managers)
- Diversity Legal Issues
- Diversity Overview
- Definitions of Diversity