Challenging Unconscious Bias
An online course that aims to increase understanding of unconscious bias in the workplace
About this course
This module explores what Unconscious Bias (UB) is, what it means, and how it impacts on the people around us in the workplace
By the end of this course you will be able to explain what bias is and where it comes from; how it impacts on the people around us in the workplace; and what you can do to minimise the negative consequences.
Completion of this course is required for all staff involved in recruitment and promotion panels.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand what bias is and where it comes from
- Explain how it impacts on day to day behaviours and what you can do to minimise negative consequences
- Identify actions you can take to resist the effects of UB in yourself and others.
Notes for users
Training can be carried out at your own pace. If you don’t want to complete the course in one session, click on 'Bookmark' before exiting the system and it will automatically take you back to where you left off when you next log in.
Log in to People and Money - you can do this through MyEd
- Select Me, and then select the Learning icon
- Type the title of the module into the Search for learning item bar
- Select the Challenging Unconscious Bias course link
- Select Enrol. A new page will appear
- Select the Challenging Unconscious Bias - Click here to access the learning
- Select Launch
Information and support available
You can use the new staff learning apps to sign up for courses and record qualifications and licences needed for your role, and to assign and track learning for anyone you manage. These apps are now live and you can find out more below.
If you experience any problems with the training module, please contact the HR Helpline.
The Online Development Toolkit contains the following resources relevant to this topic: