Becoming More Assertive
An online course to help you use assertiveness effectively at work
Do you sometimes come away from interactions thinking that if only you had been more assertive you would have got a very different outcome? Or maybe you find it difficult to know whether you are being too assertive or not assertive enough.
These online modules will explore the benefits of assertiveness, and provide a tool for you to work through to consider your own approach and how this might be improved.
As a result of completing these modules you will have the opportunity to:
- Consider what assertiveness is and why it is effective.
- Increase your ability to distinguish between assertive, aggressive and passive behaviours.
- Explore different types of assertion.
- Consider potential barriers to being assertive.
- Reflect on your own behaviour and draw up a plan to behave more assertively in particular situations.
All staff looking to review their approach to interactions and consider more assertive behaviour in the workplace.
1 to 2 hours depending on your approach. You will also need to spend time identifying your objectives and implementing your Action Plan.
How to log in
The course 'Becoming more assertive' is hosted on the University system Learn.
Please use Internet Explorer, Safari or Chrome, as the module has content that is not supported by Firefox.
If you experience any problems with the training module, please email us.
The Online Development Toolkit contains the following resources relevant to this topic: