Relocation Support

Working at the University

Edinburgh is one of the most diverse Universities in the UK, we have staff and students from over 160 different countries.

Working at Edinburgh

Human Resources


Relocation Support is based within the Human Resources function. Human Resources provides support to all staff across the University.

If you have a query about something related to your role within the University you should speak with your line manager and your local HR contact.  The link below takes you to the main HR support pages where you can find much more information about all the services HR offers. 

Human Resources Main Page

Human Resources Contacts


Settling into the University

Colleagues in our Learning and Development Team have created a page with helpful information on settling into life at the University of Edinburgh. You can view it via the link below:


Settling into the University


Information for Researchers

A large number of our relocating staff are coming to fill Research roles. There are a large number of resources available to help you within the University. A few are listed below.

IAD logo blue resized

Institute for Academic Development

The main remit of the Institute for Academic Development (IAD) is to help staff to succeed in their current roles and in their future careers. They do this by providing University-level support for teaching, learning and researcher development.

You can find out more information about the support they offer via the link below.


Edinburgh Innovations

Edinburgh Innovations Logo

Edinburgh Innovations team provides you with a range of advice about engaing with industry and how to maximise the impact of your research.

They can provide you with information on: 

  • Finding your commercialisation route
  • Forming a company
  • Funding Support
  • Connecting with other academics
  • Events

Edinburgh Innovations


This list is not exhaustive, but you can search the University pages and find a vast range of departments and colleagues who are here to help you get to where you want to be.