Chancellor’s Fellowship Opportunities
Find out more about our Chancellor’s Fellowship opportunities including job details, how to apply and our strategic priority areas.
Building on the outstanding successes of our previous tenure-track Chancellor’s Fellowship programmes and our world class research performance, we are investing in another cohort of 30 Chancellor’s Fellows across multiple disciplines. Based in the heart of one of the world’s finest cities, these prestigious 5-year awards support highly talented early career researchers from across the world to develop their careers.
The University has been able to make this investment because of its highly successful research, teaching and commercialisation performance.
Key Facts about the University of Edinburgh
- In 2014-15 £305 million new research awards (up from £270 million in 2013-14)
- Ranked 21st in the world by QS (2015-16)
- REF 2014:
- Scotland’s top-ranked research institution
- 83% of the University’s research activity is World Leading (*4) or Internationally Excellent (3*)
- Rated 4th in the UK for Research Power
- One of a select group of British universities to achieve outstanding results when demonstrating the impact of its research on wider society. More than half of our research in this category has been classed as 'world-leading'