Applying for a job
Find out all you need to know about applying for a job at the University of Edinburgh.
On the 28th October we will soon be moving to a new recruitment system which will bring some welcome enhancements to your candidate experience, such as:
- A mobile-friendly and streamlined application process
- A fully integrated online joining experience
- Easy log in (no need to remember passwords, you are sent a unique passcode to your email each time you return to apply for a job)
- A refreshed new career site to find the information you need quickly and easily
- The option to join our talent community by registering for job alerts
- A central place to track your application progress, personal preferences and interviews
If you have applied for a job on our current recruitment system, the application process will be concluded there and you will continue to receive application updates. We will not be moving applicant details into the new system, so you will need to enter your details again when you apply for a role in the new system or when you sign up to our talent community.
What happens to my data in the old system?
In line with GDPR regulations, we will keep your personal data for no longer than is necessary. More detail on how long we keep different types of information can be found in the HR Retention Schedule at https://www.ed.ac.uk/files/atoms/files/hr_retention_schedule.pdf