Human Resources

You do not currently have the right to work in the UK

Information for non-UK/Irish citizens who do not have the right to work in the UK and would need to apply for and obtain a visa to do so.

Following the UK Leaving the EU, a new immigration system was introduced  on 1 January 2021. This applies to new members of staff entering the UK if they are a:  

  • Non-UK/Irish national, who does not already have a visa which allows them to work in the UK eg:  

    • EEA/Swiss nationals who were not resident in the UK before 31 December 2020 
    • Nationals from non-European countries. 

From 1 July 2021 EEA/Swiss nationals must present either a status through the EU Settlement Scheme or a visa through the immigration system.

Further information about right to work for EEA/Swiss citizens is available at:

Understanding your right to work

If you do not have documents that show your right to work you will need to apply for permission from UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI). 

The UKVI website provides a list of visas which you may be able to apply for, to enable you to work in the UK. 

List of UK work visas