Great research in a nutshell
A series of 13 one-minute movies, featuring some of the fascinating research undertaken within the School of History, Classics and Archaeology, has been published on the University’s website, as part of its Research in a Nutshell initiative.
Researchers and topics included so far are:
- Dr Laszlo Bartosiewicz: Zooarchaeology
- Dr Crispin Bates: Subalterns, rebellion and migration
- Dr Felix Boecking: No great wall (lose control of China to the Communists in 1949)
- Dr Stephen Bowd: Humanists in Renaissance Italy
- Professor Douglas Cairns: Classical emotions
- Dr Martin Chick: Political economy of resource allocation
- Dr Julian Goodare: Witchcraft
- Dr Lucy Grig: Ancient popular culture
- Dr Louise Jackson: History of policing
- Dr Gavin Kelly: Translating Ammianus
- Dr Lloyd Llewellyn-Jones: A Hollywood epic!!!
- Dr Alexander Murdoch: Scottish emigration
- Dr Andrew Wells: Race, sex and the history of liberty