Lectureships in Classical Archaeology
The School of History, Classics and Archaeology is inviting applications from scholars of the highest calibre who have research interests and teaching experience in Classical Archaeology (including Classical Art).
There is one open-ended lectureship and two temporary lectureships. The temporary lectureships are available for 10 months and 22 months.
These appointments are tenable from 1 September 2013.
Closing date for applications: 6pm Monday 24 June 2013.
Essential qualifications and experience
As well as excellent presentation and communication skills, and a commitment to quality and innovation in teaching, essential qualifications and experience include:
- A PhD in Classical Archaeology (including Classical Art) or a cognate subject, either awarded or recently submitted.
- Good first degree (1st/2.1) in a Classical, Archaeological or cognate subject.
- Teaching experience (both lecturing and tutoring) at undergraduate level in Classical Archaeology.
- Evidence of ability to produce original research publications of recognised international excellence in the field of Classical Archaeology, commensurate with the career stage.
For further information and to apply, please go to Academic vacancies in the University’s Jobs website and search for the following reference numbers:
- Open ended vacancy ref: 014295
- 10 month vacancy ref: 014291
- 22 month vacancy ref: 014294
The vacancy website may be down for periods of time on 27 June 2013 for maintenance.