Conference - Scottish Local Democracy: Historical and Current
The conference will provide an opportunity for students, academics, community groups and local government stakeholders to share their research and experiences from a range of backgrounds. It aims to foster networks between academic researchers and individuals or groups with a stake in local democracy outside of academia. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Scottish local government
- Relationships between local and central government
- Land reform and community empowerment
- Community organising
- Workplace democracy
- Local media
- Local representation of minority groups
- International comparisons on any of the above or another relevant topic.
Further information to follow.