History Teachers' Conference
The School of History, Classics and Archaeology will host a conference for A Level history teachers on Monday 22 June. (Published 25 March 2015)
The University of Edinburgh History Teachers’ Conference has been cancelled. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Edinburgh History Teachers’ Conference: Recent developments in A level history
The School of History, Classics and Archaeology at the University of Edinburgh warmly invites A level history teachers to join us for this one-day conference. You will have the opportunity to:
- hear our expert academics talk about recent developments in some of the key historical periods within the A level curriculum
- hear one of the country’s largest exam boards talk about the new A level curriculum
- find out more about our admissions processes
- tour our buildings and facilities.
Event details Monday 22 June 2015, 9.00am School of History, Classics and Archaeology, Doorway 4, Old Medical School, Teviot Place, Edinburgh
The conference is free to attend.
A certificate of attendance will be issued to everyone who attends, which recognises the contribution this event can make towards your continuing professional development.
|9.00-9.30||Registration and coffee|
|9.30-10.00||Welcome to the School, presented by Dr Trevor Griffiths, Head of History|
|10.00-10.45||Admissions at the University of Edinburgh, presented by the College of Humanities and Social Sciences Admissions team|
|10.45-11.05||Break – refreshments will be provided|
|11.05-12.00||Our A level vision, presented by exam board AQA|
|12.00-13.00||Subject talk 1 - choose one of two options *|
|14.00-15.00||Subject talk 2 - choose one of two options *|
|15.00-16.00||Subject talk 3 - choose one of two options *|
* Subject talks confirmed
- Recent development in British Sixties, presented by Dr Angela Bartie
- Recent developments in Colonialism in Africa, presented by Dr Emma Hunter
- Recent developments in Stalinism, presented by Dr Ian Lauchlan
- Recent developments in Mao’s China, presented by Dr Felix Boecking
- Recent developments in Victorian Politics, presented by Dr Ben Weinstein
We will schedule times once we have confirmed all sessions.
If you have any questions about this conference, please contact Elaine Philip.
Administrative Assistant, Research Centres and School
- School of History, Classics and Archaeology
- University of Edinburgh
- Work: +44(0) 131 651 1254
- Email: Elaine.Philip@ed.ac.uk
Room 02M.21 William Robertson Wing
Old Medical School
- Post Code
- EH8 9AG