Your Personal Tutor
Each student in the School is assigned to a Personal Tutor.
Your Personal Tutor will provide academic advice, guidance on course choices, regular guidance on your academic progress, and advice on where and how to seek help with personal problems.
You will find the name and contact details of your Personal Tutor in MyEd
If you have any problems with this, please contact the Student Support Team who will have a list:
To find out where your Personal Tutor’s office is, please see the School contacts list on the website
Personal Tutor meetings
In the School of History, Classics and Archaeology, the number of scheduled one-to-one meetings you will have with your Personal Tutor will depend on which year you are in. These meetings will typically be of 15 minutes’ duration.
- Year 1: one-to-one meetings with your Personal Tutor in Welcome Week, in week 5 of semester 1 and in week 6 or 7 of semester 2.
- Year 2: one-to-one meetings with your Personal Tutor in Welcome Week and in weeks 6 or 7 of semester 2.
- Honours years: one-to-one meeting with your Personal Tutor in weeks 1 or 2 of semester 1.
Personal Tutor allocations
As far as possible allocations will be made as follows:
- If a personal tutor is going to be away for one semester, either semester 1 or semester 2, their tutees will be moved to a different personal tutor for this period and then moved back.
- If a personal tutor is going to be away for the full year (or longer) or leaves the university, their tutees will be moved to a new personal tutor.
- Students returning from an interruption of study will be returned to their previous personal tutor.
Please be aware that:
- If your assigned personal tutor is unavailable for a period for reasons such as sickness, their personal tutees should use the Student Support Office as their initial point of contact for enquiries.
- If you wish to change personal tutor, please contact the Student Support Office.