Advice on submitting your coursework to the School.
It is College policy for coursework submission to be completed online and for feedback to be supplied electronically, for all assignments for which it is pedagogically appropriate to do so.
Electronic submissions must be made through a Turnitin dropbox on the course site in Learn (unless alternative submission information is provided). Turnitin will check your submission for plagiarism and will be used to provide feedback and your mark. You will be required to fill in a Declaration of Own Work for each assignment. Once this has been filled in properly, a folder containing the coursework dropbox will be made available, and you will be able to submit your coursework.
Unless your course Learn site specifies differently, all coursework must be submitted as detailed below and the deadline will be 12 noon on the due date.
- Word count: Unless otherwise stated, footnotes are included in the word count but the bibliography is not. The word count is often not correct in Turnitin. Please check your word count in Word or any other word processing package you use before upload and add the word count to the first page of your file.
- Only one file can be submitted to a dropbox. Essays/bibliographies should be in the same file before submission.
- Turnitin works better in Firefox and Chrome - if you are having problems submitting using Internet Explorer or Safari, please try Firefox or Chrome.
- Please ensure you only have one dropbox open in a browser at one time. If you have multiple submissions due at the same time, please submit them one at a time (closing the first dropbox before opening the second).
- You must label your submission as described in the instructions for submitting. Failure to provide your exam number will result in your submission being deanonymised. Once anonymity has been switched off, it cannot be switched on again.
Any problems (before the deadline) with the dropbox, please email the course administrator of your course, stating:
- Your name and student ID
- The course you are trying to submit work for
- A clear description of the problem including exact wording of error messages
- If it is near the deadline, a copy of your coursework
Technical problems will not be accepted as an excuse for missing the deadline.
Please ensure you have read our page on Academic Conduct before you submit.
Instructions for submission and viewing of feedback
Detailed instructions are available:
- How to submit your assignment electronically:
- How to check you have submitted correctly:
- Video - introduction for students - watch early! This covers file types and how to save your file. [Video: introduction to submitting coursework online]
- Video - step-by-step instructions for submitting your coursework. [Video: step-by-step guide to submitting your coursework through Turnitin]
- How to view your electronic feedback:
- File to big to submit?
These will be dealt with differently due to the marking regulations for dissertations. Advice will be provided in the Learn site for the dissertation course and on the dissertation page on this website.