Dissertations sound daunting, but here you will find advice and information on choosing and submitting yours.
Each subject area provides a dissertation handbook to all dissertation students containing all you need to know. The handbook is on Learn. Log in via MyEd to Learn.
When you come to do your Dissertation, how your supervisor is allocated will depend on which subject your Dissertation is in. Further information on this will be available on Learn shortly.
What you need to know about submitting your dissertation for assessment.
Submitting your dissertation is very similar to submitting an essay with a few differences:
- You need to check the notice about 'Public Availablity' in Learn (and fill in the Own Work Declaration) before you will see the submission dropboxes
- If you need to submit supporting files such as videos, audio recordings or data, please see the information below about uploading supporting files.
Please refer to the coursework submission information about how to submit to a dropbox:
- Your dissertation is not marked anonymously.
- It is your responsibility to fill in the Public Availability Opt-Out form, if you wish to apply to restrict access to your dissertation after you have graduated.
- If your file is too big (i.e max size is 40MBs) then we have some instructions for compressing them: