School shines at Students Awards
All three subject areas are well represented at this year's forthcoming Student Awards – let’s celebrate their nominations!
This Thursday students, societies and projects are recognised in the Edinburgh University Students’ Association Student Awards. The School is delighted to say that students from history, classics and archaeology are nominated in eight out of thirteen categories
- Contribution to the Local Community Award - Calum Sked, History and Politics (MA Hons) and the Edinburgh University Classics Society
- Student Leadership Award - Isabella Stevens-Mulroe, also part of the Classics Society
- Place for All Award – History Society and Natasha Ion, French and History (MA Hons), who is nominated for her role as part of the Liberation Officers.
- Outstanding Contribution to the Student Experience – History Society and Isabella Stevens-Mulroe (Classics Society)
- Fostering Student Communities Award - History Society
- Creating Change Award - Ellen Blunsdon, Disabilities Activist, History and Politics (MA Hons)
- Commitment to Sustainability Award – Lilypads, co-founded by Mhairi Cochrane, History (MA Hons)
- Student Collaboration Award - Archaeology Society Conference
The School sends its warmest congratulations to everyone shortlisted and good luck to all the HCA folk!
There is still time to buy your ticket to the Awards ceremony and ceilidh on Thursday 4 April at the Assembly Rooms.