The School of History, Classics and Archaeology is home to a large community of postgraduate historians undertaking both taught and research degrees.
There are a number of postgraduate-led seminars and reading groups and social events.
Current postgraduate-led seminars in History include:
- The Diaspora Studies Graduate Workshop
- Eighteenth Century Research seminars
Postgraduate students are actively involved in our research groups and research centres. Some sit within the discipline of History, others bring together researchers across the School.
Current research groups include:
- Digital Humanities
- Intellectual History
- Late Antique and Byzantine Studies
- Material Culture
- The History of Science, Medicine and Technology
- Global and Transnational History Research Group
There are also three research centres in the School:
- The Centre for the Study of Modern Conflict
- The Centre for Medieval and Renaissance Studies
- The Scottish Centre for Diaspora Studies
To find out more about our research groups, centres and seminars, see the School Research website.