Information for current postgraduates

Study abroad

Information for any student undertaking a period of study abroad.

Information for any student undertaking a short period of study abroad.

All students are normally expected to be in Edinburgh for the duration of their period of study. If you do need to travel outwith the UK, perhaps to attend a conference, you need to inform us and to complete a Study Away form us, which allows us to process a leave of absence concession on your behalf. Please refer to your Programme Handbook for further information.

 HCA Study Away Form (42.29 KB Word)

Insurance and Risk Assessment

If you are travelling abroad for any period of study, you may be eligible to apply for travel insurance provided by the University at no cost to you.

Useful links

University business travel guidance

University travel insurance guidance

University travel insurance online application form