Ms Caroline Stirling
Academic Support Librarian
I work as a member of Information Services Consultancy Team for the College of HSS with a special remit to develop good liaison between the School of HCA and the University Library.
The main purpose of my role is to develop and promote the Library collections in the fields of archaeology, classics and history and to ensure these meet the teaching, learning and research needs of the School’s staff and students.
- To have strategic oversight of the building of the library collections in HCA and to develop these collections in the context of the Library’s Collections Policy so that all library resources in these subjects meet the current and future needs of the School.
- To design, deliver and evaluate a programme of induction and information skills training for staff and students.
- To assume responsibility for the expenditure of the Library’s annual budget allocation for the purchase of books, journals and electronic resources on behalf of the School.
- To provide advice and support for effective use of library resources to staff and students of HCA.
- To contribute to, represent and implement Library policy at appropriate committees and meetings and to feedback School requirements into Library policies.
- To participate in research support activities such as open access publishing and the advocacy of the Research Publications Service
- To provide professional advice and support for the maintenance of the School’s Book Collections and study space for undergraduate students in the Student Research Rooms