About our staff
Ms Sue Coleman
Head of Research, Knowledge Exchange and Impact
- Tel: +44 (0)131 650 4583
- Email: email@example.com
- Room 01M.29, William Robertson Wing, Old Medical School, Teviot Place
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 7.15am to 5pm
To develop and enhance the School’s research culture, profile and funding by providing professional services and expert bespoke advisory support to the School’s Director of Research and academic staff in HCA; to assist in creating an environment for the dynamic evolution of research, Knowledge Exchange and impact support strategies that meet constantly shifting internal and external priorities in these areas.
- To be the School’s professional services lead for REF, working alongside the Director of Research to maximise the School’s success in the Research Excellence Framework (REF) by developing and implementing a research strategy which enhances the quality of the School’s REF submission in 2021 and subsequent exercises.
- To work closely with the Director of Research to develop and implement the School’s broader research policies and strategies, ensuring alignment with University and College priorities, identifying opportunities of strategic importance and providing expert advice and support in order to leverage such opportunities.
- To champion the School’s Impact and Knowledge Exchange agenda by actively promoting an understanding of impact, providing advice and support for measuring impact, assisting with gathering evidence and working with the Deputy Director of Research (Knowledge Exchange and Impact) to ensure case studies are well constructed and written with fully logged evidence.
- To lead and manage the School’s RKE team. To maintain the quality of a highly efficient and effective cradle to grave research administration service.
- As a member of the School Management sub-committee manage and have responsibility for the budget and resources within the Research area, ensuring maximum value is delivered by monitoring and reviewing proposals, judging where the spend is most effective, making recommendations to the Director of Research and the Director of Professional Services, and contributing to budget planning and forecasting. Oversight of research overhead income and FEC contribution and contributes to accurate forecasting of this income within the School budget and plan.
- To be an active member of the Senior Professional Services Team within the School: providing expert advice on research-related discussions and activities; building cross team collaboration and leveraging opportunities to further reseach objectives.