About our staff
Dr Linda Fibiger
DPhil MSc BA
Senior Lecturer; Human Osteoarchaeology
- Programme Director MSc (Taught) in Human Osteoarchaeology
- Curator of the SHCA Human Skeletal Collection
- Member of the SHCA Ethics Committee
- Member of the University Munro Committee
After completing my BA in Archaeology at University College Dublin in 1997 I spent three years working in field archaeology in Ireland. One of the first sites I worked on was a Medieval cemetery in the centre of Dublin, and my interest in human skeletal remains developed from there. In 2001 I completed an MSc in Human Osteology and Palaeopathology at the University of Bradford and returned to Ireland to work as a consultant osteoarchaeologist. In 2009 I completed my DPhil on inter-personal violence in Neolithic Europe at the University of Oxford. From 2009 to 2011 I was based at Cardiff University, first as a Post-Doctoral Researcher on the AHRC-funded LBK Lifeways project and then as Lecturer in Archaeology. In 2011 I also held a Wenner-Gren Foundation Hunt Post-Doctoral Fellowship. I joined the School in January 2012, when I was appointed as Lecturer in Human Osteoarchaeology.
I am happy to discuss proposals for postgraduate research in the area of bioarchaeology, but especially conflict archaeology, violence, trauma, ethics and experimental bioarchaeology.
I am a member of the following Associations:
- British Association for Biological Anthropology and Osteoarchaeology (BABAO)
- American Association of Physical Anthropologists
- Paleopathology Association
- Prehistoric Society