About our staff
Dr Guillaume Robin
- Deputy Undergraduate Director
- Curator of the V.G. Childe Collection
- Coordinator of the Archaeology Seminar series
I am also the Archaeology representative on the following School committees:
- Student Recruitment and Marketing Committee
- Visiting Scholars Committee
- Digital Humanities Group
I was born in France and studied History at the University of Lyon before completing a bi-national PhD in Prehistoric Archaeology in 2008 at the University of Nantes and University College Dublin. This research on the art of the megalithic chambered tombs of Ireland and Britain was published as a book (L'architecture des signes, 2009).
After this I spent two years at the University of Sassari in Italy (2009-2011) as a Fyssen Foundation postdoctoral Fellow, researching the carved and painted art of the Neolithic rock-cut tombs of Sardinia. I subsequently spent two years as a Marie Curie Fellow at the McDonald Institute for Archaeological Research, University of Cambridge (2012-2014).
I joined the University of Edinburgh in September 2014 as a Chancellor's Fellow in Archaeology, then Lecturer from 2017.
- the editorial board of “Digital Applications in Archaeology and Cultural Heritage”.
- European Association of Archaeologists (EAA)
- Prehistoric Society
- Société Préhistorique Française (SPF)
- Society of Antiquaries of Scotland (SAScot)