About our staff
Professor Enda Delaney
Professor of Modern History and School Director of Research
School Director of Research
Affiliated research centresCentre for the Study of Modern and Contemporary History
Born and raised in Dublin, I hold degrees from the National University of Ireland (BA, MA) and Queen’s University Belfast (PhD). Having previously held lectureships at Queen's University Belfast and the University of Aberdeen, I joined the University of Edinburgh in 2006, and was promoted to Senior Lecturer in 2008, Reader in 2010, and then to Professor of Modern History in 2015.
In 2010 I was the recipient of an Economic and Social Research Council Mid-Career Fellowship, awarded on the basis of a proven track record of excellence in research.
I am the co-ordinator of the Irish History Research Group.
- Member of AHRC Peer Review College (2010-2017)
- Member of ESRC Peer Review College (2012-2016)
- Member of the International Assessment Board, Government of Ireland Postgraduate and Postdoctoral Fellowships, Irish Research Council (2008, 2011-2017)
- Visiting Research Fellow in History, Trinity College Dublin (2013-2019)
- Research Assessor, Carnegie Trust for the Universities of Scotland
- Member of the International Advisory Board, Humanities Institute, University College Dublin (2015-2017)
- Member of the Editorial Advisory Board Immigrants and Minorities
- Series co-editor, Reappraisals in Irish History