About our staff
Mr Asad Nazir
Research, Impact and Knowledge Exchange Administrator
I am responsible for the School’s Research and Knowledge Exchange Office, which provides specialist administrative support to staff who have or are applying for research funding, or who are involved in communicating their research to external audiences.
- Provide specialist advice to academic staff on funding opportunities and the grant application process.
- Administer the internal peer review, ethics approval, and internal sign-off procedures for funding applications.
- Liaise with funding organisations, Edinburgh Innovations and the University’s Finance department.
- Oversee the post-award administration of research grants.
- Provide support for the Director and Deputy Directors of Research.
- Act as administrative lead for the School for the Research Excellence Framework (REF) exercise.
- Produce reports on the School’s research and knowledge exchange activities.
- Maintain the Research section of the School website.
- School Research Committee