About our staff
Dr Caroline Proctor
Director of Professional Services
- Email: Caroline.Proctor@ed.ac.uk
- Room 2M.28, William Robertson Wing, Old Medical School, Teviot Place
Working alongside the Head of School; responsible for financial planning, resource management, estates project liaison and the management of the School’s support and operational services. Provision of strategic, policy and professional advice and support to the Head of School and School Management Committee, contributing to the longer-term strategic and operational planning for the School.
- Responsible for the overall management and leadership of Professional Services staff in the School; determining staffing levels, ensuring that Professional Services staff are appropriately organised and managed.
- On behalf of the Head of School, production of financial strategy and financial forecasts; definition and management of core School budgets.
- Play a leading role in the construction, implementation and monitoring of School strategic plans.
- Manage change processes within the School.
- Oversight of all HR administration processes and procedures; including recruitment, appraisal, promotion and disciplinary processes. Responsible, in consultation with College HR, for compliance with HR policies within the School.
- Develop and manage implementation of estate strategies and policies for the School.
- Ensure School compliance with University and College policy, including awarenes of appropriate external legislation and ethical procedures. Definition of local policy where necessary.
- School Management Committee
- UG & PG Studies Committees
- Student Recruitment & Marketing Committee
- Equality & Diversity Committee