Entry requirements for the PhD/MPhil in Nursing Studies.
- Applicants for the PhD/MPhil programme should hold a UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in nursing. We will also consider your application if your degree is in another subject area but you have a professional qualification in nursing or midwifery.
- Applicants for the PhD/MPhil programme should submit a research proposal. Details of the research proposal requirements can be found on the How to apply page.
- Two references (one of which should be an academic reference from your most recent educational institution). References must be specific to your application, on headed paper, signed by the referee and recently dated (within the last 6 months), or uploaded directly by your referee.
- If English language is not your first language, we accept the following English language qualifications at the grades specified:
- IELTS: total 7.0 (at least 6.5 in each module)
- TOEFL-iBT: total 100 (at least 23 in each module)
- CAE and CPE: total 185 (at least 176 in each module)
- Trinity ISE: ISE III with a pass in all four components
- PTE Academic (test centre only): total 76 overall with 62 in each component
Your English language qualification must be no more than three and a half years old from the start date of the programme you are applying to study, unless you are using IELTS, TOEFL, Trinity ISE or PTE Academic, in which case it must be no more than two years old.
Exemption criteria can be found on the University's English Language Requirements webpage.