Students who successfully complete the MSc by Research in Counselling Studies will have a number of useful skills and capabilities.
- Understand research design, methods and methodologies, data collection, and data analysis in counselling research
- Appreciate the epistemologies which underpin different forms of research
- Develop their appreciation of the importance of research findings in counselling
- Consider social science perspectives and debates about counselling and psychotherapy
- Possess highly developed and transferable skills, including critical thinking, theoretical reasoning, evaluation, scholarship and research skills
- Have a solid foundation for PhD/MPhil research