Please ensure you have read the entry requirements for this programme and are confident you are meeting the criteria before applying online.
- Applicants to the PhD programme should hold a UK first-class or 2:1 honours degree, or its equivalent in a relevant subject area. Please note that if you have/or are in the process of completing a postgraduate degree and planning to include this in your application, then this qualification will be considered as part of your application during the review process.
- Applicants for the PhD programme should submit a research proposal. Details of the research proposal requirements can be found on the Apply page.
- Two academic references. References must be specific to your application, on headed paper, signed by the referee and recently dated (within the last 6 months), or uploaded directly by your referee.
- If English language is not your first language, we accept the following English language qualifications at the grades specified:
- IELTS: total 7.0 (at least 6.5 in each module)
- TOEFL-iBT: total 100 (at least 23 in each module)
- CAE and CPE: total 185 (at least 176 in each module)
- Trinity ISE: ISE III with a pass in all four components
- PTE Academic (test centre only): total 76 overall with 62 in each component
Your English language qualification must be no more than three and a half years old from the start date of the programme you are applying to study, unless you are using IELTS, TOEFL, Trinity ISE or PTE Academic, in which case it must be no more than two years old.
Exemption criteria can be found on the University's English Language Requirements webpage.
5. It is essential that applicants to the Health in Social Science PhD identify a Lead Supervisor prior to submitting the online application.