Find out about the skills and experience you will acquire.
The programme covers psychology as a science and relates this specifically to understanding mental health and illness.
You will develop a range of research skills and carry out a research project on an area relating to mental health.
The MSc in Psychology of Mental Health (Conversion) aims to:
- Enable you to develop in-depth knowledge and critical understanding of psychology as a science
- Encourage psychological literacy in all aspects of life
- Encourage you to consider how psychological perspectives can aid our understanding of mental health and illness
- Develop research knowledge that will enable you to discuss, share, present and analyse data and information in various formats and from a range of sources
- Develop research methods and data analysis skills
- Equip you with a wide range of transferable skills including:
- Self-evaluation and reflection skills
- Critical thinking and decision-making
- Time-management skills
- Oral and written communication skills