Please ensure you have read the entry requirements for this programme and are confident of meeting the criteria before applying online.
- A UK first-class or 2:1 honours degree, or an equivalent overseas qualification, in Psychology or in a closely related subject.
- An outline research proposal of approximately 3000 words that gives a summary of literature, research question, proposed research design, and population group of interest
- Two references, one of which should be an academic reference from your most recent educational institution.
- If English language is not your first language, then an IELTS (or equivalent) of 7.0 (at least 6.5 in each module) is required.
Points to consider in your proposal
- Why the topic is of interest to you. This will include an indication of how the proposed research grows out of your personal and/or professional development.
- How your proposed research will build on and/or contribute to knowledge (including professional practice). This will include brief discussion of existing literature, an indication of the debates or gaps in knowledge you wish to address, and/or the theoretical or conceptual framework you plan to adopt or explore.
- How you will conduct the research, including consideration of ethical issues. Under this heading please identify the methodological and/or ethical challenges you anticipate: you do not need to resolve them at this stage.
Unsure about your PhD proposal?
Please browse academic staff member's area of interest and contact them to discuss your outline proposal.