Please ensure you have read the entry requirements for this programme and are confident of meeting the criteria before applying online.
- Applicants to the PhD and MSc by Research programmes should hold a 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in a relevant subject area.
- Applicants for the PhD and MSc by Research programmes should submit a research proposal. Details of the research proposal requirements can be found on the Apply page.
- Two references, one of which should be an academic reference from your most recent educational institution.
- If English language is not your first language, then an IELTS (or equivalent) of 7.0 (at least 6.5 in each module) is required.
- IELTS: total 7.0 (at least 6.5 in each module)
- TOEFL-iBT: total 100 (at least 23 in each module)
- PTE Academic: total 67 (at least 61 in each of the "Communicative Skills" sections)
- CAE and CPE: total 185 (at least 176 in each module)
- Trinity ISE: ISE III with a pass in all four components
Your English language qualification must be no more than three and a half years old from the start date of the programme you are applying to study, unless you are using IELTS, TOEFL, PTE Academic or Trinity ISE, in which case it must be no more than two years old.
Unsure about your PhD proposal?
Please browse academic staff member's area of interest and contact them to discuss your outline proposal.