As a researcher, you are responsible for ensuring your research adheres to policies and best practice guidance relating to the conduct of research.
It is your responsibility to ensure:
- Your research complies with School, College, and University research integrity and ethics policies as procedures as well as those stipulated by funders
- Your ethics application is submitted for approval with sufficient time to receive an outcome before the research commences
- You (and if you are the PI, your research team) have undertaken any necessary training
- Changes to the project or protocol are communicated to your Ethics Coordinator before any changes take effect
- You are aware of the full range of issues to be considered, including research data management and the GDPR
- You and your research team understand what constitutes research misconduct