A new citizen science project exploring how shared (public) outdoor spaces affect health and wellbeing.
The project aims to:
- understand the impact shared (e.g. public) outdoor spaces have on the health and wellbeing of the public.
- Investigate whether shared outdoor spaces affect people differently and if so, why and in what ways?
- Identify the best methods for engaging members of the public in citizen science for public health.
The project has four phases:
- Developing, validating and refining the questionnaire.
- Piloting the questionnaire in Edinburgh and the Lothians.
- Analysis, reporting and dissemination of questionnaire data.
- Roll out of Our Outdoors across the UK.
This project is supported by the Medical Research Council (MRC) who in the summer of 2017 selected the project as their citizen science project.
Dr Ruth Jepson (SCPHRP)
Dr Yvonne Laird (SCPHRP)