Find out what we're currently working on and future plans.
We have several new initiatives up-and-running and many more in development. Some of the things we are doing right now are:
- Launching Street Support Edinburgh. A digital hub aimed at tackling homelessness across the city.
- Enabling students from the Schools of Health in Social Science, Medicine and Law to engage in experiential learning in a practice setting at the Edinburgh Access Practice and The Access Point (GP practice for people experiencing homelessness in Edinburgh)
- Developing ‘pathways’ for students from other Schools and disciplines to undertake voluntary work, or work as a recognised part of an existing course, in the NHS, third sector and partner organisations to enhance learning
- Funding 25 bursaries for people working in the NHS, local authority, policy and third sector to study a new and exciting Masters level course at the University of Edinburgh in Homeless and Inclusion Health
- Undertaking research in the field of homeless and inclusion health: we are working with our partners and experts-by-experience to develop research ideas. We have recently welcomed Catalina Martin to the Centre on a fully-funded PhD studentship and also Steph Grohmann, who is working as a Research Fellow with us
- Working with the School of Law to support and develop the ‘legal navigation’ work of Catriona Grant: a social worker and law graduate at the Edinburgh Access Practice working 12 hours per week
- We are planning a second International Research Symposium in 2019 to further develop our collaborations with practitioners, policy makers, practitioners, researchers and people with lived experience of homelessness.